My photo
Brandon is a country boy from America; Vicky is a city girl from Hong Kong - They met in the cyber world out of a random search when he was a college boy and she was a high school girl; maintained friendship and love on the net for 7 years and 5 months; engaged in 2007; lived together in 2008; tied the knot in 2009; have lived in both HK and US. Best of all, we welcomed our little angel into the world in 2016! This blog is about love, family and cultures. You're welcome to read our stories and drop us a line! ☺
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Treats from Hubby

If you are a housewife you will eventually understand ... cooking each and every day can be tiring. I am very thankful that Brandon understands this and has given me cooking breaks time to time. I guess I feel like bragging today, haha :P

Look at this beautiful breakfast :)
It was simple but tasty. He picked my favorite maple flavored turkey sausages to go with the blueberry pancakes. 


Ever since we got our new home we had to buy new pots and pans, but in fact we don't own a pan yet since I spent the money on a very expensive wok >.< He used my wok to cook the pancakes which looked kind of funny but he did well! :)

He picked my favorite syrup too! :D

Since he rarely cooks it is special when he does. The other day he cooked us brunch before he left home for work :)

I really think he makes the best looking pancakes :) If I make them I will probably burn them ... We also had pepperoni scrambled eggs with pineapple, banana and orange juice :)

Sometimes before weekend comes, he will ask me, "Baby, would you like to have breakfast out this weekend? I know you have been cooking hard." That always puts a smile on my face :)

One of my favorite places to have breakfast at in America. We had Angus beef and egg sandwich, turkey sausage and egg sandwich, strawberry frosted donut, chocolate hazed donut, pumpkin muffin and hot chocolate. Yum!

The portion of our breakfast is usually considered to be too much. This time we had almost every type of breakfast food ... toasts, hash browns, sausage, pancakes, eggs, taco and cinnamon roll :)

We also like to have omelette and skillets a lot. He used to complain Hong Kong style western breakfasts were too "weak" ... the bacon was too thin, the eggs were too small, the combination was funny ... I agree American breakfasts have good selections and no matter how big of a plate I always finish it :P

I will never give up on Chinese breakfast though! I am a big fan of dim sum :) Normally in Hong Kong Chinese restaurants I would make the order since English was usually unavailable on the dim sum menu. Here in Chinatown he has been able to order everything without my help. All the staff could communicate with him as well. As I looked around, I saw Asian faces, Asian interior displays and Asian TV programme, I thought about home, but reminded myself this is now my home too.

This weekend he is taking me out for festival food! There will be barbecued food, fried food and sweet treats. Not very healthy sounding I know but I can't wait! :)

☺ THANKS FOR READING! YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO READ OTHER POSTS ABOUT OUR NEW HOME .

16 comments:

  1. I just want to say u two have helped me alot! I live in the usa and my bf lives in australia (8500.587 miles away) Every one tells us it will never work but me and him see it differently. We have only been together for 3 months now but its going great :) how did u guys make it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lacey! :) I am so glad you think this way because I know it used to mean a lot to me too to find similar stories and believe in our relationship. I am so happy for you you guys are doing great at this moment. Keep staying happy with each other and make time for sweet simple surprises, also keep sharing about your happiness and sweetness will help! Family support is one of the keys too :) I am interested to get to know more of you too! :)

      Delete
  2. Woah! Which dim sum place do you usually go? I went to 萬壽宮 last time, not impressed at all. We have better dim sum in Minneosta than 萬壽宮, but it's very limited; they only have dim sum on the weekends from 10am to 1pm.

    And Brandon is very nice. I wish my boyfriend was that nice. He "made" me breakfast, maybe, once..and it was cereal and pbj sandwich. -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon will be so happy to read your compliment, hehe! Your boyfriend is super lucky! I bet he knows it too ;)

      Delete
    2. 我又冇留意萬壽宮哩間酒樓,係舊啲定新啲果邊街?我地去開Chinatown Square果樹有間叫Ming Hin,中文應該係名軒。我覺得好岩口味啊!下次我地打算試下三喜(Three Happiness)。我地平時泊車喺三喜對面,但次次去名軒。好食我再話你知!你地個state都好,有得飲茶。我地唔去Chinatown都唔知邊到有茶飲。

      Delete
  3. 下我唔知係新定舊喎 我啱啱上網check過原來Ming Hin同萬壽宮係同一條街 我上次去都係泊係三喜對面 我成日都想試三喜 果樣好似好好食 同我aunt and uncle話唔好食所以我無試過呀

    ReplyDelete
  4. 如果同一條街即係新啲果邊 我自己叫果邊新啲因為gate入面果啲餐廳感覺上舊啲 你有機會試下名軒 我自己就覺得好okay 同香港差唔多 service都唔錯 三喜我都見有人話唔好 我地貪新鮮試下第二度

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll continue to cook for you my Love, but this weekend I'll let the festival workers take care of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) 我以前唔鍾意食的,多得他整得咁好味我先改觀 :)

      Delete
  7. hey its me Lacey L Thank you so much! I would love to get to know u more and how u keep it working! Is there a way we can stay in touch? Our situation is complicated and we r quite young..ok is very complicated but its we are willing to do anything to make it work <3 we actually just went a week or so hardly ever talking to each other but everything is back to and thing are so amazing again. All the odds r against us but i dont know what i would with out him! i would love to tell you are whole story sometime it kinda funny how then best things happened when u least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lacey! How young are you both? I was just 18 when we had our very first online chat and never ever expected we would fall in love. I mean I was totally aware of the danger you might encounter online and the obstacles we had. I am sure you realized I am not even a native English speaker. My English then was pretty weak. At least you and him don't have this aspect to deal with :) For the little information you have told me I could relate to your story. I am sure if you and him are really serious about this relationship it will work! You and him will prove to everyone they shouldn't have doubted you. It took me a while too to convince my sisters and then my parents that we were serious. It is normal for them to be unsure because they naturally worry about you getting hurt and they don't know him as much as you do. I worked very hard to let my parents know about Brandon, like how nice he is and how he helped me with my school work (he used to proofread my assignments at college). You know my parents don't speak any English at all so I am still their translator today. You can imagine how much doubt they would have before getting to know Brandon. But Brandon and I worked together to earn our family's support and respect little by little :) If you wanna stay in touch you may add me to your circle. There is a button on my page to click to add me. I think if you can find some time to write a blog about your story, that will be great so I can read about you guys too and we can keep talking! :)

      Delete
    2. I just turned 15 on october 5th and he is 16. I was going along adding random people on google plus and Ryan messaged me he said i was really pretty and and we exchanged pictures so we knew the other one wasnt fake (he sent me a pic and he was brushing his teeth,so adorable)we talked for about a day when he asked me out. I am actually dot allowed to date till im 16 and if my parents knew it was online they would kill me. we have a very sticky situation.I had said no to a few other guys but for some reason i said yes. And im so glad that i did. I knew he could be cheating and stuff but i was willing to take the risk. We talk about getting married and starting a family, which really surprised me that he is willing to talk about this with me cause most guys when they hear any thing about marriage they back off. He actually sent me a pic of a ring and asked if something like that was what i wanted. I know we sound crazy because we are young far away but we see this happening.we have been through sickness and crazy times but we made it all the through it. I get really bad cramps and they said birth control might help, we went through all the options and he helped me narrow it down if i do need to pic one. I am very serious about our relation ship and im pretty sure he is to <3 i hope every thing will work out so we can prove to everyone they were wrong! thank you so much! starting a blog is a great idea! i think i might try to do that! =D

      Delete
    3. Lacey, you are really young! At least your boyfriend, Ryan isn't very much older than you. That would make people worry even more. Thanks for telling me how you guys began. It was random and unexpected just like us! :) You are right. It is pretty crazy you guys are talking about getting married and the future already but I know you two just want to make it as serious as possible. People do crazier things in the real life if they think the online world isn't real. Just one thing I need to remind you is ... protect yourself and this way you will sure protect him and your relationship. You know what I mean? If things happen out of your wishes you will have even more disapproval and consequences. I can't tell for sure yet ... Have you met each other in person already? I remember you mentioned just talking for three months with him? Wow. It took me about five months to like him enough to admit to him I had feelings for him. I was really careful and he was even more conservative than me :p I am sure if you two find your way it would take you less than eight years to get married like how long that took us :p I mean, patience is so important but trusting and believing in each other is just as important. I hope he can come to the States someday and find a job and take you out just like any other guys would do to you. I saw your profile pics too. If it is you I agree too you are very pretty! :) I think I worry about you more than him since I am a girl too and I could see myself in you in some way. Good luck Lacey!! You and him could be another hard to believe but beautiful story! :) And yes, I hope you will start a blog. If blogging was popular back then I would have started sooner. Now I enjoy writing about our current life and some unforgettable flashback. Let me know if you start writing and I hope your cramps will be under control soon :)

      Delete
    4. hahaha ya we are pretty young. I have never meet him in person but we video chat quite a bit. I love listening to his voice it makes me relax and smile :) Yep we have been together for 3 months now :) the only fights we've had is the who loves who more,which he hardly ever lets me win :/ and some virtual tickle fights :) thank you for all the advice its helped so much. Your the only one who ive talked to that said if we tried we could make it but knowing that u two made it helps even more! I love Ryan so much I hope he can make it to the US to. My profile pic is of me thank you <3 He doesn't know about your blog spot but i'm gona share the link with him so he can see it to =D never know he might deiced to comment so you can meet him to. ;) thank you =D

      Delete
    5. You're welcome! Reading about you two makes me smile. I thought of us. We used to do online tickle attack too, haha! You two sound cute :) I don't blame those people who have told you that this relationship wouldn't work because they are not living it and it is so true you two are still so young and could meet someone else and move on. I know if you two keep talking about everything and learning more about each other and still feeling the same and growing stronger attraction and love for each other, you guys are meant to be together. One thing that is still amazing to me is in 2004 when we were still dreaming about being together, one day the news came on announcing they picked Beijing to host the Olympics 4 years later in 2008. I was talking to Brandon online at that moment so I just causally said maybe in 2008 we would meet and watch the Olympics live in Beijing. Guess what? That didn't happen but better thing happened ... We lived together in 2008! :) Anything could be possible when it comes to love. I can never forget the promises we made to each other and we made everything happen little by little. Okay. We will see if Ryan will talk to me too. It has been nice talking to you :)

      Delete

☺ YOU ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE US A COMMENT! WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL CONTINUE TO WRITE MORE AND MORE :) *** Please check the box "Notify me" to receive my response ***