My photo
Brandon is a country boy from America; Vicky is a city girl from Hong Kong - They met in the cyber world out of a random search when he was a college boy and she was a high school girl; maintained friendship and love on the net for 7 years and 5 months; engaged in 2007; lived together in 2008; tied the knot in 2009; have lived in both HK and US. Best of all, we welcomed our little angel into the world in 2016! This blog is about love, family and cultures. You're welcome to read our stories and drop us a line! ☺
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 21, 2013

1st New Post/ Vicky's Birthday Eve 生日前夕的驚喜

I finally finished transferring all my posts from Yahoo Blogs to here. I began blogging in July 2012 (click to view my 1st Yahoo Blog post) as soon as my American immigration case was completed. Then I talked about the short separation with my husband and our long distance love stories (click to view how we met).

I am sure there was a better way to do it but I didn't feel like "fighting" so I just did it in the most inefficient way. One stupid thing I did was I accidentally locked my Yahoo Blogs so I can't leave any more comments to people who requested to follow me. Really really sorry about that! I hope they will somehow find me again :(

Time flies. It's already September and tomorrow is gonna be my birthday. Last year on my birthday I was still in Hong Kong celebrating with my family and waiting to reunite with my husband who had arrived the States before me. Today I am with him and missing my family. I don't know which version is better and happier ... If you have all your loved ones around you, you are very very very lucky. I don't easily brag but I will say my family is the BEST. They surprised me with a birthday cake at 12:00 a.m. in Hong Kong when it turned 21st. I couldn't believe it. A real cake presented to me on the screen and they sang me the Happy Birthday song, acted so cheerful, let me make my wish and even blew the candle with me. My tears just ran and ran down my face uncontrollably ... Although we are 7806 miles apart, I can deeply feel how they try to overcome the distance to make me feel special. I love them, more than anything else.


Birthday from last year ... It was an emotional evening for me knowing that I was going to leave everybody in a couple days.
去年的生日。。。那一刻特別傷感,因為大家都知道過兩天我便離家。

Two days after my birthday I left Hong Kong to reunite with my husband. We had been apart for nearly two months. It should have been a happy ending to reunite with him but my feelings were complicated. 
過了生日後兩天我便飛到美國與他重聚。我們當時分隔了將近兩個月,相聚本是好事但心情卻複雜得很。

First picture of us at the airport after I landed from a fourteen hour direct flight. My makeup still looked good because I almost didn't sleep. During the flight, I had a lot of thoughts that kept me awake. 
因為在旅途中想得太多,沒甚麼睡過,飛了十四多小時妝也不用補。


The surprise cake from my family this year. It's a beautiful marble cake with seasame flavor. Although I couldn't taste it, I felt the sweetness more than words can ever express!
今年家人給我的意外驚喜。一個很別致的雲石芝麻蛋糕。他們在香港的零晨時份為我唱了生日歌,讓我許願,陪我吹熄蠟燭,過程如在現場一樣,很震撼。雖然我不能吃,但那份甜真的難以用筆墨形容!

☺ THANKS FOR READING! YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO READ OTHER POSTS ABOUT OUR FAMILY .

10 comments:

  1. Belated birthday greetings^^~
    Your blog's always so warm and sweet~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dau Ting! So nice to hear from you again! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky,
    This new blog is great and very much suit you and your beloved one's style. Tell you what? People with their birthday on 21st September are some of the most special people in the world, especially for their beloved ones(reason to follow). So a very big belated happy birthday to you and a sincere wish that you and your husband Brandon have the best of life and romance to come from a stranger in cyberspace one day after his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, the time here is ahead of that over your side of the world, so I wrote it on the 22nd day of September.

      Delete
    2. Hi Gravel! Yes, I figured you wrote on the 22nd. We are 13 hours behind Hong Kong! I now am wondering because of your comment ... Is your birthday on September 21st too?? That would be an amazing coincidence!! I really appreciate your kind words every time you drop by. Thank you from me and Brandon for your sweet blessing! :)

      Delete
  3. I was surprised by the coincidence as well - first time in the past many decades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog and I enjoyed you on both your birthday and birthday eve :) I can't wait for more sweet entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet entries all come from the sweet memories you give me :)

      Delete
  5. That's so sweet of your family! I spent my birthday with my bf and his parents at the state fair. Happy belated birthday, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Agnes! It sounds fun being at the state fair! I haven't been back to a fair in a while but I remember liking the rides, food, displays and animals. We are actually planning to go to the Covered Bridge Festival in Rockville soon for some good food! :)

      Delete

☺ YOU ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE US A COMMENT! WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL CONTINUE TO WRITE MORE AND MORE :) *** Please check the box "Notify me" to receive my response ***